This is our new feature on the BAC Fourth Floor!!
Students will use and service the Zortrax 3d printers themselves in order to gain a deeper understanding of the equipment and also allows them to print on their own time depending on availability.
1. Yes it’s FREE!!!!
2.Whatever Filament colors that are on the printer will be in use until it runs out
3. Keep Prints underneath 10 hours please out of courtesy for your fellow students. ( we wont get mad if it goes over but try)
4. We can swap it to a different color if it’s really important for your project + if you’re really nice to us
5. Remember to turn on the Fan (buttons located at eye level on the side), to filter out plastic from the air we breathe
Near the front door of the 3D Printers there is an SD Card, press it down and it would click outwards for easy removal.
Insert SD card into computer and drag file into Folder within SD Card (.STL or .OBJ is best)
Now back to the 3d Printer, re-insert the SD and navigate to models on the printer menu and select your file name > Proceed to start printing.
Turn on the Fan if it isn’t already
THINGS TO KNOW!
Anyone can use the 3D Printers. The only prerequisites are that you are a student, faculty, or staff at The BAC, and that you can model your idea in 3D modeling software such as SketchUP, Rhino, 3DS Max, etc.
To ensure equitable use, only BAC-related objects can be printed on the 3D printers. These include studio work, Gateway work, independent study work. This does not include objects for your office, or independent business – sorry.
Print colors available at this time:
Main: White, Black, Grey, Yellow, Red, Blue, Sky Blue, Green, Orange, Pink
Extra: Clear, Nude, Neon Pink
3D Printers are available on a first-come-first-served basis, seven days a week. Once your file is ready to print, we add it to the queue. Jobs can not be started later than 1 hour before CODER closes.
The 3D Printers are located in the 4th Floor at 320 Newbury.
- Raise 3D Printer (which can handle very large prints), 1 Zortrax Machine in the Coder Office rm 403
- Two Zortrax machines in The Hallway of 4th Floor
Pricing is a very reasonable 10 cents per gram. Most prints end up being $7 or less, and are deducted from your student printing account.
Please read through the 3dPrintInfo primer for 3D Printing at The BAC.